Hey sports fans! I hope you are all having a wonderful day, and that Spring has (finally) arrived in your neck of the woods.
Everything is turning green and lush where I live in Georgia, so it seems a little odd that the topic for today is hockey, and ideas for how to wear your favorite team colors in the workplace. But if you follow sports at all, you probably know that the Stanley Cup playoffs got started last week, and 16 NHL teams are in the running for the 2016 title.
If you are a hockey fan that loves to show your team spirit everywhere you go, including the many hours each day when you are at work, then you are in the right place. Today I’m going to share wardrobe ideas using the team colors of all 16 teams that are in the playoffs. Yes, all 16 teams!
But first, a few interesting facts about the 2016 Stanley Cup:
- For only the second time in league history (since 1970), none of the NHL’s 7 Canadian teams qualified for the postseason.
- The Washington Capitals made the playoffs as the Presidents’ Trophy winners with the best record during the regular season.
- The Detroit Red Wings increased their consecutive post-season appearance streak to 25 seasons, the longest current streak and the third-longest streak in NHL history.
- For the fourth time in six years, all three California-based teams made the playoffs in the same season.
- And, for only the second time ever, both Florida-based teams made the playoffs in the same season.
- In each round of the playoffs, teams compete in a best-of-seven series.
Now on to my ideas for wearing your favorite team colors to work. Let’s start with the Eastern Conference:
Over the in Western Conference:
Do you have a favorite hockey team? Did they make the playoffs? Comment below and let me know who you cheer for this time of year! I’d also love to hear about how you wear your team spirit to work!
Stick around and follow the blog, because I’ll be back with more wardrobe ideas for the basketball teams that made the playoffs, and then moving on to baseball team colors and more soccer team colors.
How does that sound?
I’d love to know if you are enjoying the wardrobe posts!
And one more favor? Please share the blog with your sports fan friends. You don’t them want them showing up to work wearing inappropriate team colors clothing, do you?
See you next week.