Hey sports fans!
I don’t know about the weather where you live, but it feels like summer here in Georgia. This week the temperatures are in the upper 70’s to low 80’s, and I’m wondering what happened to spring!
With that kind of weather, it might be hard to relate to the purpose of this week’s blog, which is providing NBA basketball fans with some ideas for how to wear their favorite team colors in the workplace.
But before I get there, here are a few interesting facts about the 2016 NBA playoffs, which are using a revised format this year:
- The top eight teams in both the East and West conferences qualify for the playoffs.
- The teams in each conference are ranked in order by win-loss records for seedings.
- The bracket determines the match-ups throughout the playoffs. The first round match-ups in each conference are based on the seedings (1–8, 2–7, 3–6, and 4–5). The second round has a match-up between the 1–8 and 4–5 winners and a match-up between the 2–7 and 3–6 winners.
- All rounds are best-of-seven series.
- Series are played in a 2–2–1–1–1 format, meaning the team with home-court advantage hosts games 1, 2, 5, and 7, while their opponent hosts games 3, 4, and 6, with games 5–7 being played as needed.
- The first round of playoffs got started last week, and 3 of the 16 teams have already been eliminated, with many more games taking place this week.
Let’s start with the Eastern Conference for team colors wardrobe ideas:
Over the in Western Conference:
Do you have a favorite professional basketball team? Did they make the playoffs? Comment below and let me know!
If you are enjoying these wardrobe posts, you’ll want to stick around, because I’ve got even more coming over the next several weeks! I’ll be creating more hockey and basketball team color wardrobes as those playoffs continue, and I’ll also be sharing wardrobe ideas for baseball team colors and soccer team colors.
How does that sound? I’d love to know if you are enjoying the wardrobe posts!
And one more favor? Please share the blog with your sports fan friends (you know the ones who sometimes show up to work in a sports jersey, because they just don’t know any better)!
See you next week.