Hello fellow sports fans!
Did you catch the first round of the College World Series over the weekend? Oregon State, LSU, Louisville and Florida won their games to advance in the winner’s bracket, while Texas A&M, CSU Fullerton, Florida State and TCU will be fighting to come back from the elimination bracket. There are more games this week, so check it out!
Today’s topic is a fun one. You are going to love these little flag pendants! They are so easy, and if you make them in Red, White and Blue like I did, they will be perfect for your July 4th picnic.
Or make them in your football team colors for tailgating, or in your child’s favorite colors to top their birthday cake.
Let’s get started:
Step 1 – Collect your Supplies
- Washi tape
- White Paper (optional)
Step 2 –Cut a piece of Washi Tape
- Cut one piece about 2” long
- Lay flat on table, sticky side up.
Step 3 – Add the toothpick
- Place a toothpick in the center of the washi tape
- The top of the toothpick should be level with the top edge of the tape
Step 4 – Fold the Tape
- Fold one short end of the washi tape over the toothpick, matching up the long edges
Step 5 – Trim
- Trim the short ends of the washi tape
- You may cut a rectangle or desired flag shape (see examples below)
Step 6 – Add paper if washi tape is transparent (optional)
If your washi tape is very transparent, you may want to put a piece of paper between the layers so you don’t see the pattern from both layers when folded over.
- Cut a piece of paper the width of your washi tape and about 1” long.
- Lay the paper on the washi tape, adjacent to the toothpick
- Fold over the washi tape
You can use these toothpick flags as cupcake picks or cake toppers, or to serve finger foods like roll-ups or cheese cubes! Or maybe you have a small houseplant that could be dressed up and used as a center piece.
Let me know if you give these a try (comment below). I’d love to hear from you!
Until next week,