Hello sports fans!
Are you lucky enough to live in an area where you got to see some of the solar eclipse this week? There was a partial eclipse where I live in Georgia, so I just walked down the street to an open area, sat in my chair and enjoyed the view.
Something else that is taking place in Georgia, and many other places across the country, is the start of high school football!
So today I’m sharing a favorite DIY that is as fun to make as it is to take to the game. I’ve heard them called everything from noisemakers, to spirit shakers, to team spirit shaker bottles. But I just call them fun! Make a batch for you and the rest of the moms and dads sitting in the stands supporting your kids!
But a word of caution! Check the rules before you go, because noisemakers are sometimes prohibited.
Let’s get started!
Step 1 – Gather the Supplies
Here are the things you will need:
- Empty plastic bottle with caps (clear bottles work best)
- Beads (or you can use dry beans or rice from your pantry)
- Washi tape
Step 2 – Prepare the bottles
- Remove the labels from the bottles
- Rinse the bottles and the caps
- Allow to dry
Step 3 – Decorate the bottles
- Use your washi tape to decorate your bottles, in any pattern you choose
- You can cover the bottle partially or completely
- You can wrap the tape vertically
- You can wrap the tape horizontally
- You can wrap the tape at an angle
Step 4 – Add the beads (or beans or rice)
- Put a few handfuls of beads into the bottle
- Put the cap on the bottle
- OPTIONAL: glue the cap in place
Step 5 – Add some ribbon
- Cut 1 or more pieces of ribbon
- Use any length you like
- Cut them all the same length, or vary the length
- Tie the ribbon around the neck of the bottle
- Tie the knot tightly
And that’s it! Your bottles are ready to shake, shake, shake!
Did you give this a try? Comment below and let me know!
Until next week,
P.S. Do me a favor, and share the blog with a friend!